An understanding of cost and management accounting is essential for any bookkeeper, accountant or office manager. The bottom line is to ultimately managing revenue and costs to maximise profit thereby ensuring sustained profitability.
On completion of this module your key outcomes will be:
- Perform in a manufacturing environment,
- Complete basic management accounts,
- have a working knowledge of cost accounting,
- breakeven analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis, advanced costing,
- budgeting and standard costing,
- financial management and business ethics.
This course forms part of the ICB Financial Accounting, ICB Public Sector Accounting and the ICB Office Administration Programmes.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers is a Quality Assurance Partner of the QCTO
• An introduction to Managerial Accounting
• Controlling inventory and overhead costs
• Accounting for a manufacturing enterprise
• Budgeting and standard costing
• Financial management
• Organisational ethics & revision
This course is assessed by the ICB by means of a Portfolio of Evidence where you are required to complete Activities (assignments) and Evaluations (tests) and then complete a final written summative assessment (exam). Please be sure to verify that you have been registered for your assessment
This course is a short course as part of a national qualification. Once you have completed this course and the remainder of the level you will receive a national certificate.