This course forms the foundation of your accounting knowledge and can be found in every ICB Programme, no matter what stream you are studying. It assumes no knowledge of bookkeeping and teaches the student to prepare the books of account from source documents to the subsidiary journals to the general and subsidiary ledgers, trial balance, and the bank and creditors reconciliations.
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers as a Quality Assurance Partner of the QCTO
- An introduction to business, bookkeeping and accounting
- Value Added Tax and source documents
- Recording cash transactions
- Recording credit and sundry transactions
- Inventory systems
- Individual accounts for debtors and creditors
- The bank reconciliation process
- Supplier and General Ledger reconciliations
This course is assessed by the ICB by means of a Portfolio of Evidence where you are required to complete Activities (assignments) and Evaluations (tests) and then complete a final written summative assessment (exam). Please be sure to verify that you have been registered for your assessment.
This course is a short course as part of a national qualification. Once you have completed this course and the remainder of the level you will receive a national certificate.